may I introduce you to one of the sweetest, most fun and happy families I’ve ever had the honor of photographing. I only spent 30 minutes with them at their home mini session in fort worth last month, but I could’ve photographed them for hours. their love was infectious. they had me laughing and smiling the whole time.
I was heart broken to find out that Dad, Cornelius (aka Corny), has end stage renal failure, meaning he needs a new kidney. he’s currently on dialysis 3x a week and is now working on getting on the transplant list for a kidney, which is a long process in itself. If family and friends don’t end up being a match, he will likely have to be on the list 3-5 years before one is available. In the meantime this precious family is hosting a fundraiser page for the Kidney Walk to help raise awareness. click the link below to donate if you can!
this is from her fundraising page:
“Corny is currently on dialysis 3 days a week, and in the process of getting on the transplant list. I have learned a lot more than I thought I would ever want to know about kidneys lately! I will make this a fun day for anyone who comes out to join us. I love a celebration! But if you can’t walk with us, you can also donate. This is a great organization and already has given us a ton of support! When you donate, you join the fight too by helping the National Kidney Foundation:
- Raise public awareness about kidney disease and risk reduction.
- Providefree local health screenings.
- Supportkidney patients, organ donors, and their families.
- Advocate in Washington, D.C. for gov’t action on the organ donor shortage, funding kidney research, and defending Medicare coverage AND
- Educate doctors and other healthcare professionals with the best information in the field. Last year, 64,500 healthcare professionals were kept up to date through NKF’s Kidney Learning Solutions.
Please consider supporting me and the National Kidney Foundation as we work together to fight kidney disease.”